I decided last night to add some rewards to our fundraiser over at Believe Beloved after a comment on my personal blog. So now instead of considering it a pure donation to a corporation (although you would get something out of it in the long run if you are a Christian, a gamer, and/or a writer/lover of stories), you can consider it paying for a service.
The service you are paying for is a free membership to the site of your choice – Believe Beloved, Player Crunch, or Unlimited Fiction. The length of the membership you will receive depends on how much you contribute to our fundraiser – the more you give, the longer the free membership you will receive. If you choose either Believe Beloved or Player Crunch, I will ask for your username at the site after I receive notice of your donation and the length you chose for your free membership. If at Unlimited Fiction, you will have to wait until I open the site for registrations, then send me (WhiteDove there, though you will see my real name as well) a PM after you’ve registered asking for your free membership.
Thanks again to those who will choose to help us out!
We are looking for help getting off the ground financially. We are looking for people to donate to our crowdfunding campaign here (you don’t have to sign up to donate), and are asking for four hundred fifty thousand Canadian dollars. Unlike traditional fundraising sites like KickStarter or GoFundMe, the money will be transferred to us as soon as you make your payment.
Any money donated to us will be used for the following purposes:
- Pay hosting costs (about $70-80 per month)
- Buy premium plugins the sites need
- Pay for development costs
- Advertise on Google, Facebook, and Twitter
- Pay staff salaries (right now the company can’t afford to pay us to do this except in our spare time that we can volunteer)
- Other costs as they appear (domain renewals, documentation with authorities, TOS and Privacy Policies, etc.)
We thank all those in advance who will donate to our campaign! Please spread the word to all those whom you think may be interested in helping us.
We are celebrating nine years in business this month, as I (Nathan Pinno) founded the company in September 2006. It has been a long, hard struggle but it has been worth it, and I’m proud of where the company is today.
I would like our members at Believe Beloved and at Player Crunch to celebrate with us this month. As a result, I am offering a coupon at both sites that is valid until October 1st: Enter ‘nineyears’ (without the quotes) during checkout at Believe Beloved in the coupon area to receive ten percent off your order. At Player Crunch, go to the Load Coupon page after logging in and enter the same code into the box before hitting the Redeem Coupon button to receive ninety tokens into your account.
We would like to thank those who have stuck with us over the years and made this possible.
We would like to wish all our visitors a Happy Labour Day today. May you enjoy this holiday, whether you have to work or have the day off to enjoy with family and friends. Have a safe and enjoyable day today!
We are very pleased to announce that Player Crunch is now open for registrations! Player Crunch is a family oriented community for gamers of all ages. It features an arcade with contests in the near future, videos, reviews, news, and more to come.
Player Crunch also features two leaderboards: One for the most active gamers, and one for the members with the most tokens (the site’s internal currency). Tokens will be redeemable in the future in a shop for cool products, and they will be needed to pay for contest entry fees.
All reviews posted there will be obligated to warn if a game contains any adult materials (drinking, smoking, nudity, etc.), and thus will help parents decide what games are appropriate for their children to be playing. Also no adult-content is allowed in the community, with a ban as a result if anyone breaks the rule.
If you’ve been looking for a family safe community for the gamer in you or your life, why not check out Player Crunch today?
Once again, Believe Beloved is open for registration once again. Things have changed since we switched from Oxwall to WordPress, and you will notice them right off the bat:
- A completely new look to the site thanks to the Custom Community 2 theme and the Ultimate Member plugin (among others)
- Denarii (plural of Denarius) is the site’s currency, replacing the old credits (and you can use them to pay for premium memberships when they come back 😉 ), as well as an option to pay via alt coins (eg. Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.) (or in the future credit card)
- No groups (should return in the future, but no promises)
- Events are now shown on the calendar, with the latest five showing in the widget. Until we get the Community Events add-on, email a site admin to add your event to the calendar.
- Private Messages and chat is gone for now, but private messages will return.
- A shop is now available, and soon will be open to vendors to offer products for sale for a commission fee.
- No activity wall, but will return in a few months so watch for it, as it will be on the home page!
- No more video or photo tabs. We will work to bring back photo galleries for individual members in the future.
- When you fill out most social profile fields in your profile, a corresponding icon shows up beneath your photo on the members page.
- No followers or friends, but will be returning in the future as well! 😉
All in all, I look forward to the new site here and to those members who will choose to join this site in the future since we are once again open for registrations! 😉
I wanted to take today to ask questions that will influence the company’s long-term plans for our global headquarters, which we plan to eventually build here in Camrose, Alberta, Canada. I posted a question about this to the forums in our Christ-centered social network, Believe Beloved; so far I haven’t seen any responses to it. We would like feedback based upon these questions:
- We plan to include a water park/aquatics center in the design. What features would you like to see in it?
- How much would you be willing to pay to use the facilities each time? For a membership pass that gives you unlimited access for a year?
- Any non-aquatics center features you would like to see in the design (fitness center, sports shop, etc.)?
- Is there anything you would not want to see?
- Anything else that is related that you would like to tell us?
At this point in time, our plans are still very flexible and will incorporate the feedback you provide. When we are closer to making the plans a reality, we will post a news release here at our site.